This is a big release, with 6 new supported games, the addition of template roles to Network Edition Standard, a significant overhaul of the Windows Instance Manager GUI - new Generic features including KVP merging with Automap and Template Merging!
Big thanks to the CubeCoders Community and especially to IceOfWraith for contributing these new configurations for everyone else to enjoy!
Full release notes:
New Game Support
- Don't Starve Together
- Project Zomboid
- Risk Of Rain 2
- Sven Coop.
- Network Edition Standard can now use Template/Shared roles that apply across instances.
- Fixed search results not showing for settings if their keyword is null.
- Some general style/layout changes to make things look and feel nicer.
- Fixed handling of checkboxes for modules with dynamic setting specifications (Generic)
- Scheduler tasks now run asynchronously of their initial trigger. This fixes the issue where if all the tasks in a trigger take longer than 1 minute (especially if you use the Wait task) then the scheduler ends up running tasks in an unpredictable manner.
- FetchURL and CopyFile now obey OverwriteExistingFiles.
- Fixed XML merging with Automap.
- Implemented KVP merging with Automap.
- Implemented Template merging.
- Added RCONConnectDelaySeconds and RCONConnectRetrySeconds settings.
- [7d2d] Fix some settings incorrectly being flagged as hidden.
- [ADS] No longer syncs the auth server URL from controllers->targets if its set to localhost.
- [ADS] Controllers now proxy requests to instances on remote targets via the remote ADS instance by default. It's slightly slower than direct mode (which is still an option) but much easier to set up.
- [ARMA 3] Setting for custom command line flags is now exposed to the UI.
- [File Manager] Increased buffer size for SFTP server. Should improve transfer performance on some systems.
- [File Manager] SFTP server now black-holes (doesn't accept connections from) blacklisted IPs that previously would be ignored by the auth system.
- [Firewall Manager] Added NFTables support.
- [Minecraft] Added new settings and fixed bad default value for ResourcePackPrompt.
- [Minecraft] Fixed a bug where saving local skin caches could crash the instance if the file was in use.
- [Minecraft] Changed handling of AdditionalOpts to include a space.
- [SteamCMD] Added some more workaround for SteamCMD bugs and tollerance for damaged data.
Instance Manager GUI
The GUI has been fairly significantly changed to reinforce that ADS is the tool to use in most situations.
- Starting it while ADS is running will open ADS in a browser and not open the GUI at all.
- Starting it with a configured but not-running ADS instance will warn you that you should be using ADS and offer to start it.
- If you ignore this warning, then start ADS, then try to create an instance - it will open ADS in a browser and close the GUI.
- After the first-time setup is complete and ADS is running, the GUI will exit.
- If you cancel the first-time setup and there are no instances, the GUI will exit.
- Starting ADS from the UI will automatically open ADS in a browser and immediately close the GUI.